layout

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thrift store frames

One of my favorite things to shop for at the thrift store are frames.  Who can't use frames?  It doesn't matter how ugly or dirty they are, they can always be cleaned and painted.  I've been searching for some oval ones, but I never find those.  I do, however, find a lot of 5x7, 8x10, and even bigger.  Well, of course I don't have any before pictures, but here are the afters:


These are just your basic run of the mill cheap wooden frames.  My local (overpriced, but only) thrift store usually has these priced at 3-4 dollars.  Sometimes, I see 8x10's there for $10!  Needless to say, I quickly put them down and keep looking.  I don't know who prices their stuff, but they need to recognize!!  lol.  Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the overpriced thrift store thing. I just moved back to my hometown (where thankfully there are lots of thrift stores), but for the last 2 years I had to deal with a Goodwill where 90% of the products are Walmart returns that can't be reshelved and they seriously try to sell them for 10% off the price you can get them in Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of turning the reclaimed wood into such aesthetic wood frames! You provide great looking, customized Cheap Wood Frames, what more can one ask for!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love :)