layout

Friday, November 5, 2010

Staging to sell question

Hopefully all 5 of my followers will read this lol!  I notice that many of you "stage" your items for pictures.  I've taken all of my pics in my garage and it isn't very pretty.  Not to mention the fact that I'm no good at picture taking anyway.  So I'm wondering, do ya'll drag the pieces into your own house to take pictures of them to post to sell?  What if it's a big heavy item, say a dresser, and your bedroom is upstairs?  And also, the color of the walls don't really coordinate with the piece being pictured?  What do you do?  All of my bedrooms are upstairs and every room in my house is painted a different color.  I'll be back soon with my latest.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I find the best place to take pics is outside! If indoors I try and do it by a window so I don't use a flash. Flashes cause too much distortion to colors and often is unflattering with all the shadows!
    So I recommend outside, regardless of the background since the natural flash-free lighting will pay off. Just note: stay out of the sun! Overcast rocks, otherwise do it in the shade.
    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love :)